[3dem] Industrial cryo-EM position: Cryo-EM at Pfizer (Groton, CT)
seungil.han at pfizer.com
Mon Mar 27 15:09:47 PDT 2017
Pfizer Structural and Molecular Sciences (Groton, CT) has an opening for Senior Scientist, cryo-EM (Job ID: 1050466) and we are seeking a highly motivated scientist with strong hands-on experience.
The candidate can apply the job in the link below
Thanks in advance for your interest!
Senior Scientist - Cryo-EM
Job ID: 1050466
Location: United States-Connecticut-Groton Role Description
The successful candidate will join the department of Structural and Molecular Sciences (SMS), a multidisciplinary group with established expertise in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, protein mass spectrometry, enzymology, NMR, biophysics, protein crystallography and cryo-EM. Our mission is to provide integrated molecular insights into drug targets, lead compounds and target-compound interactions to advance discovery efforts across multiple therapeutic areas, including Inflammation and Immunology, Neurosciences, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases and Rare Diseases.
We have recently established a cryo-EM lab within Pfizer, equipped with a state-of-the-art FEI Titan Krios microscope with a Gatan K2 Summit direct electron detector for high resolution data collection, a FEI TF20 microscope with Gatan OneView detector for sample characterization, and a dedicated computer cluster and GPU boxes for data processing.
As a Senior Scientist, you will have experience with all aspects of structure determination by cryo-EM technology including sample preparation, data collection, data processing using state-of-art software, and 3-D reconstruction. You will also be familiar with the hardware and computing skills associated with EM such as microscope, direct electron detector, sample robot, computer cluster, etc. and their maintenance. Equally important will be your ability to collaborate successfully with other scientists in the department and with biologists and chemists in multiple drug discovery teams. You will eventually be expected to understand the critical issues and challenges faced by different drug discovery programs within Pfizer and design suitable experimental strategies based on cryo-EM techniques to positively impact drug discovery.
- The Senior Scientist will design and perform experiments in the technical area of single particle cryo-EM.
- Experimental results will be formulated computationally and will be recorded in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Prompt and clear communication will occur with project team colleagues.
- External scientific publication and presentation will be encouraged when appropriate as a means of assuring optimal research standards.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physics, Chemistry or related field.
- Postdoctoral training in cryo-EM with ca. 2-5 years of industrial or related academic experience.
- Skills in molecular biology and protein biochemistry are highly desirable.
- Proven ability to design and conduct state-of-the-art single particle cryo-EM experiments, leading to a strong track record of successful outcomes with publications in top journals.
- Broad knowledge in protein characterization, biophysics, computational chemistry and medicinal chemistry will be helpful to facilitate problem-solving.
- Proven scientific influence via strong interpersonal and communication skills; passionate about using structural data to influence key scientific decisions. Has the skill and drive to grow into a thought leader.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem