[3dem] Postdoctoral Position Available: CNPEM (Campinas, Brazil) REMINDER

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:10:50 PDT 2017

Dear All,

If interested, please get in touch soon since timing is critical for
this funding agency!

Cheers,  Marin

On 01/06/2017 15:09, Marin van Heel wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Associated with our newly established cryo-EM group at the CNPEM
> research laboratory (Campinas, Brazil), we have available a:
>
> *POSTDOCTORAL POSITION *
>
> This position is available for 18 months (extendable to 36 months) and
> is aimed at developing advanced single-particle cryo-EM
> methodology. The position should be filled by the 1^st of September
> 2017, or earlier if possible. (Other positions will become available
> at a later stage). We are looking for a creative and energetic
> colleague to study conformational variations as a means for better
> understanding the mechanisms of action of macromolecular complexes. As
> a national centre we study a variety of biological systems including
> small molecules (<100k), membrane proteins, large complexes, and
> viruses (Zika, Dengue). Candidates with backgrounds in the following
> fields are encouraged to apply: cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography,
> physics, biochemistry, biology, computer sciences, mathematics, and/or
> related fields. A sharp analytical mind and the ability to work in a
> group are essential. Programming experience in one or more (parallel)
> programming languages is important for the implementation of new ideas.
>
> Our internationally operating research group has a long track record
> in methodology development (see: 2017 Wiley prize). Many of the
> standard procedures in single-particle cryo-EM stem originally from
> members of our group including: unsupervised classification; parallel
> MSA; Fourier Shell Correlation; projection matching; angular
> reconstitution; 4D cryo-EM, camera normalization; etc..
>
> Data collection will take place on our own suites microscopes which
> currently includes a 200kV FEI Talos + Falcon III, and is expected to
> be extended with 300kV instrumentation with the latest generation of
> direct-electron camera Gatan K3/Falcon III. Access to other
> instrumentation is available through collaborations.
>
> For more information please send an email including your CV to myself
> (_marin.vanheel at gmail.com_with a CC to: mvh.office at gmail.com
> <mailto:mvh.office at gmail.com>). Primary application deadline: June 26^th .
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Marin van Heel
>
> --

     Prof Dr Ir Marin van Heel

     Research Professor at:

     Laboratório Nacional de Nanotecnologia - LNNano
     CNPEM/LNNano, Campinas, Brazil
     Brazilian mobile phone  +55-19-981809332
                            (041-19-981809332 TIM)

     Emeritus Professor of Cryo-EM Data Processing

     Leiden University
     NeCEN Building Room 05.27
     Einsteinweg 55
     2333 CC Leiden
     The Netherlands

     Tel. NL: +31(0)715271424 // Mobile NL: +31(0)652736618
     Skype:  Marin.van.Heel
     email:  marin.vanheel(A_T)gmail.com
     and:    mvh.office(A_T)gmail.com

     Emeritus Professor of Structural Biology

     Imperial College London
     Faculty of Natural Sciences
     Biochemistry Building (Room 512)
     South Kensington Campus
     London SW7 2AZ,  UK
     email:  m.vanheel(A_T)ic.ac.uk

     Tel. UK:   +44(0)2075945316 //Mobile: +44(0)7941540625

I receive many emails per day and, although I try,
there is no guarantee that I will actually read each incoming email.
Moreover, our Spam filters can be strikt and sometimes make
legitimate emails disappear (try the gmail accounts, alternatively)