[3dem] Job Posting to 3DEM mailing list

Lehman, William J wlehman at bu.edu
Tue Jul 25 08:54:25 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am seeking to recruit a post-doctoral researcher or experienced EM-technologist to work with Roger Craig, Shixin Yang and me to carry-out 3DEM on skeletal and cardiac muscle thin filaments, with the objective of obtaining high-resolution reconstructions of both tropomyosin and troponin on actin. Also available is a position to carry out x-ray crystallography on muscle regulatory protein - drug complexes.

I have attached a brief job description and copied it below.

Thanks,

Bill Lehman

POSITIONS AVAILABLE

Senior Electron Microscopy Technologist

&

Postdoctoral Fellow

A Postdoctoral Research Fellow and a Senior Electron Microscopy Technologist are sought to carry out cryo-EM and 3D reconstruction to determine the structure of troponin and tropomyosin on actin filament complexes associated with cardiac and skeletal muscle thin filaments. Applicants must have several years of experience in high-resolution EM work and first-rate facility with computer-assisted image analysis. Prior familiarity with preserving and recording macromolecular assemblies by cryo-EM methods would be invaluable. Experience in supervising graduate students and postdoctoral fellows would also be important.

Interested applicants should send their CV with three references to:

Dr. William Lehman
Professor of Physiology & Biophysics
Department of Physiology & Biophysics
Boston University School of Medicine