[3dem] K2 blanking with new FEI software

Craig Yoshioka yoshiokc at ohsu.edu
Mon Jul 17 11:48:15 PDT 2017

Hi List,

Does anyone else have a newer version of the Tecnai software that requires that a “standalone camera” button in the UI be selected, otherwise the K2 cannot control the gun blanker?  This change seems a bit absurd, as users have forgotten to re-enable the button multiple times and given the K2 more dose than needed, as well as ruining and having to recollect their dark references.  I can’t fault the users too much, this change seems like a real foot-gun.

Our old setup automatically gave blanker control to whatever camera was inserted in the column, priority given by height.  Any ideas on how to restore this behavior?

Thanks,
-Craig