[3dem] cryo blades

Gilpin, Christopher J gilpin at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 6 14:58:47 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

Happy new year!

I am looking at repurposing a Tecnai T20 LaB6 to do some cryo work. It has a super twin objective lens and therefore cannot accommodate a cryo box. I know that both FEI and Gatan have cryo blades as an alternative to the cryo box. I wonder if anyone has experience with either of the blades. Contamination rates? Realistically how many samples changes per day with e.g. a 626 holder?

Many thanks

​​​​​
Chris

Christopher J. Gilpin Ph.D.
Director, Life Science Microscopy Facility
Purdue University
Whistler Hall of Agriculture Research, Room S052
170 S. University St
West Lafayette, IN 47907
765-494-7750
gilpin at purdue.edu<mailto:gilpin at purdue.edu>