[3dem] postdoc fellowships in cryo-EM of virus replication

Lars-Anders Carlson lars-anders.carlson at umu.se
Wed Feb 22 08:14:18 PST 2017

Dear all,
Two postdoc fellowships are available in my lab at Umeå University,
Sweden. The projects aim to decipher the molecular basis of human RNA
virus replication using cryo-EM (tomography of cells and single particle
analysis) and in vitro membrane reconstitution.

We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a background in
structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry or a related field. While
prior knowledge of cryo-electron microscopy or in vitro reconstitution
is beneficial, these are the core methods of the lab and we can thus
also provide a postdoc with in situ training specific to the project.

Umeå has just completed the installation of a new EM facility including
a Titan Krios with a phase plate, Falcon III, GIF and K2 Summit, a Scios
FIB/SEM and a Talos 120. Umeå is also an outstanding environment for
molecular infection biology, including the Nordic EMBL Node MIMS and the
Wallenberg Centre for Molecular Medicine.

For more information about the projects and how to apply, got to
http://www.ucmr.umu.se/positions.html

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions!

Best wishes,
Lars

--
Lars-Anders Carlson, Dr. rer. nat.