[3dem] heavy use of clip ring in cryo-holder

cornelia@strubi.ox.ac.uk cornelia at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 06:56:38 PST 2017

    Hi Alexander,
Which holder manufacturer and holder specs? I personally would not expect a clipring to give out after 2-3 months use, if used properly, but it may not be the clipring itself, rather the holder spring, depending on the system.
Best wishes,
Cornelia

------ Original message------From: Alexander ShkumatovDate: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:43To: 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu;Subject:[3dem] heavy use of clip ring in cryo-holder
Dear 3DEMmers,We have a 120kV microscope that is used heavily for screening purposes. Since recently we have about 5-6 active cryo users and a clip ring in a cryo holder being broken (not working properly) twice in 3 months. I wonder if this is a normal half-life period for clip rings, say, it’sexpected that it breaks every 2-3 months of heavy usage?Thank you in advance, Alex _______________________________________________3dem mailing list3dem at ncmir.ucsd.eduhttps://mail.ncmir.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/3dem