[3dem] A Workshop on Addressing Challenges in CryoEM Grid Preparation; April 26, 2017

Bridget Carragher bcarr at nysbc.org
Tue Feb 21 11:33:19 PST 2017

Hello 3DEM list,
Just a quick clarification on the workshop announced below.
This is designed as a workshop for discussion of deep level general issues with cryoEM sample preparation followed by discussion of new approaches that might be developed to address these issues.  It is not designed as a hands on workshop to solve individual problems with difficult samples.  We welcome all applications but note that many of the applicants so far have mentioned very particular problems with specific samples, and this may not be the right workshop for them although we hope it will in the end help everyone with all samples.  We are particularly seeking applicants who are thinking very hard about these issues, gathering practical data on what are the problems and the solutions, and developing news approaches to overcome the challenges.
Please note that we will live broadcast the proceedings of the workshop to all those who apply and that the proceedings will then be published on the NRAMM/SEMC Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgd1dW4HQ_yvpRjFc670htw) as a permanent archive.
Best regards,
Bridget