[3dem] Postdoc Position in cryo-EM Methods Development

Marcus Brubaker mbrubake at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Feb 6 14:49:53 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

I currently have an opening in my group for a postdoctoral fellow to
work on cryo-EM methods development.

My lab has recently made exciting progress in cryo-EM methods
development.  Manifesting in the recently released software package,
cryoSPARC (http://cryosparc.com), our work has significantly reduced the
computational cost of refinements and made them more robust by removing
the need for initial models (Nat Meth 2017).  Building on this recent
progress, a successful postdoc would develop new methods for cryo-EM.
The specific topic would depend on the candidate's strengths and
interests but possible options include: structural flexibility, cryo-ET,
validation and automation.  This work would be done in collaboration
with the Rubinstein Lab at The Hospital for Sick Children located nearby.

Qualified applicants must have a PhD in a related subject area,
programming skills, a solid mathematical background (including
multivariate calculus, linear algebra and probability) and knowledge of
computational methods for cryo-EM.  Experience with methods in computer
vision, machine learning, etc are a bonus but not required.

Interested candidates should apply immediately by emailing their CVs, a
brief statement of research interests and the contact information of two
or three academic references to: mab at eecs.yorku.ca  Applications should
be received by February 22nd, 2017 to be fully considered.

Cheers,
Marcus Brubaker

Assistant Professor
York University