[3dem] Cryo holders

Grassucci, Robert rg2502 at cumc.columbia.edu
Wed Aug 23 13:54:19 PDT 2017

Hi Pippa,
We have both of these holders and most users prefer the Fischione 2550 for ease of loading.  The 914 springs tend to need some adjustment to prevent them from getting stuck open or getting the pins to align to lift.  We also had one of the front springs fall off and it took Gatan forever to get us a replacement.  The first couple versions of the 2550 had some issues catching when sliding into the airlock and dumping the vacuum.  The 2550 dewar cap has a bit more frost than the Gatan holders but this is not too much of a problem.  The temperature controller for the 2550 is more delicate than I would like but for most users the ease of loading more than makes up for the other issues.  Fischione is very responsive to any issues I have had.  I hope that helps.
Regards,
Bob