[3dem] [TEM] amplitude contrast

Philip Koeck Philip.Koeck at ki.se
Wed Aug 16 00:52:27 PDT 2017

Hi Rasmus.

Nice to hear from you.

Just one question: When you say "absorption" of the electron wave to describe the imaginary part of the atomic scattering factor, how would you picture this absorption?
What is actually happening when the wave amplitude decreases, (which should mean that the number of electrons decreases.)

All the best,

Philip