[3dem] An undergraduate assistant to perform cryo-EM

Tomomi Kuwana tomomi at lji.org
Wed Apr 5 10:00:01 PDT 2017

Dear list,

We (Faculty lab head: Don Newmeyer) are looking for a motivated and
hardworking undergraduate assistant, who is interested to learn and work on
electron microscopy in the Cryo-EM Core Facility at UCSD. We have been
collaborating with the facility to address important biological questions
that are left unanswered due to the technical hurdle and cryo-EM would be a
breakthrough technology for us. Cryo-EM is a technique of the future and
the knowledge and skills to prepare the sample and operate the scope would
be a great asset to the student, particularly if they are considering a
graduate school. Even if they are not intending to work specifically with
cryo-EM, operating complex and highly advanced systems will be a valuable
and inspirational experience to the student. The student will be trained by
experts in the Core Facility in the beginning and after that, they will
help us prepare the samples and operate the scope. We are willing to
consider small compensation after the training, if we deem appropriate.
Please send applications or ask any questions to tomomi at lji.org.

Sincerely,

Tomomi

Tomomi Kuwana, MD PhD
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology
9420 Athena Circle
La Jolla CA 92037 USA

tomomi at lji.org
+858-752-6886