[3dem] glow discharge vs plasma cleaning

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Tue Sep 20 09:12:19 PDT 2016

Ben,

    Maybe someone else on the list can shed some light on this, but I don't know whether the strength of the plasma created in an EM "glow discharge device" is comparable to that of what is called a "plasma cleaner."  I suspect not, but could be wrong.

    That said, over zealous use of a plasma cleaner can remove _all_ the carbon from an EM grid (I have done this with a lacy carbon grid), so having too much power can be a bad thing...

--
            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center