[3dem] 2 postdoctoral positions available at Imperial College London

Bubeck, Doryen A d.bubeck at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 03:40:39 PDT 2016

Applications are invited for two Postdoctoral Research Associate positions to join the laboratory of Dr Doryen Bubeck based at Imperial College London. The posts, funded by a Cancer Research UK Career Establishment Award, provide  exciting opportunities to work on the structural biology of pore-forming proteins using the latest technology in electron cryo-microscopy. The project involves structural and functional characterization of protein complexes involved in the complement terminal pathway, building off our recently published structure of the membrane attack complex (Serna et al., 2016 Nature Communications).

The Department of Life Sciences is home to the College's Centre for Structural Biology, integrating cutting-edge resources for NMR, x-ray crystallography and cryo-EM. The electron microscopy facility consists of two 120 keV instruments and two 200 keV field emission gun instruments, with a Falcon II direct electron detector. The project will involve regular access to Titan Krios facilities at eBIC (Diamond Light Source, UK), IGBMC-CERBM (Strasbourg, France) and NeCEN (Leiden, NL).

You must have a PhD (or equivalent) in a structural biology, biochemistry or biophysics discipline. You must be highly motivated, with  research experience in a structural biology laboratory covering either x-ray crystallography and/or electron microscopy, or advanced knowledge in membrane protein biochemistry. Demonstrated capacity for innovative high quality structural biological research is also essential.

Succesful candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to develop and apply new concepts. You must also be able to relate well with others, form positive relationships with a wide range of people and to work as part of a team, as well as independently.

These are fixed-term positions,  available for up to 34 months, with a start date in April 2017.

Informal enquires can be made directly to Dr. Doryen Bubeck by email at: d.bubeck at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:d.bubeck at imperial.ac.uk>.

Our preferred method of application is online via our website http://www.imperial.ac.uk/employment (please select "Job Search" then enter the job title or vacancy reference number NS 2016 172 LP into "Keywords"). Please complete and upload an application form as directed.

Should you have any queries about the application process please contact dols.recruitment at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:dols.recruitment at imperial.ac.uk>

Closing date: 12 October 2016 (Midnight BST)
Interviews will be held  in early November

Committed to equality and valuing diversity.  We are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Two Ticks Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Doryen Bubeck
506 Sir Ernst Chain Building
Imperial College
London SW7 2AZ