[3dem] Research scientist position

Dienemann, Christian christian.dienemann at mpibpc.mpg.de
Thu Sep 8 13:46:27 PDT 2016

RESEARCH SCIENTIST IN INTEGRATED STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY OF ASSEMBLIES

Applications are invited for a research scientist position to work on multi-component complexes involved in chromatin transcription and gene regulation in the lab of Patrick Cramer at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (www.mpibpc.mpg.de/cramer).
We look for a collaborative person with a background in X-ray crystallography or cryo-electron microscopy, documented by a first-author publication. We offer advanced training in integrated structural biology that combines cryo-EM, crystallography, and crosslinking-mass spectrometry. Access is provided to state-of-the-art in-house equipment for all these technologies. We offer a stimulating environment in an internationally leading institution and research projects of high scientific significance. This position is initially for three years but offers a longer-term perspective, the possibility to contribute to teaching if desirable, and can lead to a staff scientist position or prepare for an independent academic career.
Applications in form of a single pdf-file containing a one-page letter of motivation, CV, list of publications, and email addresses of 2-3 referees should be sent before September 30, 2016 to:
cramer-applications at mpibpc.mpg.de
Informal enquiries may be sent to Patrick Cramer (pcramer at mpibpc.mpg.de).