[3dem] Extensive review of Multivariate Statistical Analysis in cryo-EM is now available as open-access

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:20:13 PDT 2016

Dear All,

An extensive review of Multivariate Statistical Analysis (MSA)
techniques in single-particle cryo-EM, including many historical notes
on these "unsupervised classification" approaches, has been re-reworked
and is now accessible online in the “Open Journal of Statistics”
(dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojs.2016.64059).  The review had originally been
published on a DVD which is no longer available. The re-worked paper is
our most comprehensive review of the multivariate statistical concepts
to date. It contains all maths but with an extensive introduction of the
basic concepts for non-mathematicians. The review also contains an
appendix dedicated to the memory of Jean-Pierre Bretaudière, which I had
written in 2009.

Regards,

Marin