[3dem] Pacific Research Platform (PRP) to facilitate cryo-EM data transfer along West Coast of United States

Cianfrocco, Michael micianfrocco at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 26 15:21:23 PDT 2016

Dear cryo-EM community,

For those of you who are at institutions that are not PRP Partners but want to move cryo-EM data, the PRP team can suggest resources to help you optimally use your campus Internet2 (www.internet2.edu<http://www.internet2.edu>) network connection which directly reaches a much larger set of campuses, including supercomputer centers.

This brings me back to the workshop:

The purpose of our workshop in January/February 2017 is to help cryo-EM users get onto high speed networking, which can include discussions related to non-PRP institutions getting onto Internet2 in addition to discussions for PRP members.

While we will definitely have a workshop in San Diego this winter, the PRP team has also indicated that they can hold a workshop in the Bay Area if there is sufficient interest.

Thanks,
Mike