[3dem] Weird droplets

bestdz at gmail.com bestdz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:51:01 PDT 2016

Dear Sergej,
I believe those are (almost) dried out buffer of your sample. They are black because of high concentration of salt. You observe this because you have carbon film, otherwise they will be just empty holes.
You should check your humidifier (less likely), or drastically reduce your blot time. If you are working with Vitrobot, and already have a very short blot time, say 1s, then you can try manual plunger, or concentrate your sample. Diluted samples are less viscous and thus easier to be blotted away. Also, the blot time should be much shorter when you have a carbon film.
Good luck!

Best,

Xinghong Dai
Postdoctoral Scholar
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA
+1 310 447 4330