[3dem] Open faculty positions at the CUNY ASRC in New York.

Amedee des Georges Amedee.desGeorges at asrc.cuny.edu
Thu Oct 13 18:12:41 PDT 2016

Tenure Track Faculty Positions:

Structural Biology Initiative, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center, New York, NY.

The Structural Biology Initiative of the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center invites applications for full-time, tenure-track faculty members at any rank.

We seek outstanding scientists with strong records of significant research accomplishments in structural biology, broadly defined as the use of a wide range of experimental and computational approaches to tackle fundamental questions of the molecular mechanisms inherent to biological processes.

Opened in Fall 2014, the 200,000 ft2 CUNY ASRC offers a highly interactive and collaborative environment that integrates structural biologists with colleagues in neuroscience, photonics, nanoscience and environmental sciences.  Combining world-class experts in these areas with state-of-the-art instrumentation both in the building and at the adjacent New York Structural Biology Center, the ASRC offers a unique opportunity for research programs to flourish among normally-disparate fields.

Candidates are expected to have advanced degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent) in biophysics, biochemistry, chemistry or related areas plus postdoctoral research experience.  Final faculty ranks will be determined by the qualifications and experience of successful candidates, with our primary criteria being a demonstrated commitment to research and teaching.  Individuals filling these positions are expected to serve major roles in the research and education programs of the ASRC, along with the teaching missions of one of the CUNY colleges.

Applicants should electronically submit 1). a curriculum vitae, 2). a 1-2 page cover letter summarizing research accomplishments, future directions and views on interdisciplinary research, and 3). a brief (3 page max) description of proposed research, and arrange to have at least three letters of recommendation submitted on their behalf to the Structural Biology Initiative Search Committee c/o Dr. Kevin Gardner, at Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/7809, Job# 7809.  All application materials must be received by October 31, 2016.

For more information, please see our websites at http://structbio.asrc.cuny.edu<http://structbio.asrc.cuny.edu/> and http://asrc.cuny.edu<http://asrc.cuny.edu/> or contact Dr. Gardner at StructuralBiology.Jobs at asrc.cuny.edu<mailto:StructuralBiology.Jobs at asrc.cuny.edu>.

The City University of New York (CUNY) is committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.  EO/AA Employer.

[cid:359AF886-05B8-4B4A-82E7-9CE6E710EC67 at nyc.rr.com]

--
Amedee des Georges, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Structural Biology Initiative, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center