[3dem] Submission cryo-EM schools

Vos, Matthijn Matthijn.Vos at fei.com
Wed Oct 12 10:39:21 PDT 2016

Dear moderator,

Please post the following announcement for advanced Cryo-EM schooling opportunities in a new initiative to reduce the personnel shortage in the field of SPA cryo-EM and hopefully fill some of the many vacancies posted on the 3DEM server:

"An academic team at NECEN/Leiden University (Koster Lab) and at CNB-CSIC (Carazo Lab), together with industrial partner Thermo Fischer (formerly FEI) started an initiative to organize an full in-depth cryo-EM school in order to train participants to reach the level of independent proficiency of cryo-EM SPA worflows. This 9 week school will be piloted early January 2017 and will involve significant hands-on training to truly educate fully independent researchers that will be proficient in executing the full SPA workflow from sample prep via screening and data collection to high resolution reconstruction.  For more information, we refer you to our website: http://www.necen.nl/cryo-em-school-68'

Best regards,

Dr. Matthijn R. Vos
Sr. Manager Customer Enablement
Materials & Structural Analysis (formerly FEI)

Thermo Fisher Scientific
Achtseweg Noord 5 | 5651 GG Eindhoven | The Netherlands
Phone +31 6 23515172
Matthijn.vos at fei.com