[3dem] cryoEM sample prep workshop at eBIC @ Diamond Light Source
PEZ7 at pitt.edu
Tue Nov 1 04:00:56 PDT 2016
We are pleased to announce a practical workshop for preparation of samples for Cryo-EM which will run from the 9th to 11th January 2017 at eBIC @ Diamond light source. The course is funded by eBIC and the Horizon 2020 project iNEXT (http://www.inext-eu.org ) with the support of FEI.
The workshop is free to attend. There are a total of 12 places available to EU based scientists. Full details and how to apply …please see the workshop website: http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Home/Events/2017/EM-Workshop-2017.html
Deadline for receipt of applications is 25th November and the successful applicants will be notified by the 1st December 2016.
• Bettina Böttcher, Hans Knoll Institute, Germany
• Sarah Butcher, Biocenter, Finland
• Felix DeHaas, FEI, Eindhoven
• Venkat Dandey, New York Structural Biology Center, USA
• Christoph Diebolder, NeCEN, Leiden University
• Deryck Mills, Max-Planck Institute, Frankfurt, Germany
• Peter Peters, Maastricht University, Netherlands
• Chris Russo, MRC Laboratory, UK
• Sonja Welsch, FEI, Eindhoven
Summary of Schedule:
Day One (January 9th)
Morning: Lectures (General Intro to cryoEM and Sample Preparation)
Afternoon: Hands on sample preparation sessions
Day two (January 10th):
Morning: Lectures (High Throughput and Technological Advances)
Afternoon: Hands on sessions (Vitrobots and Microscope time)
Day three (January 11th)
Morning: Lectures (Tomography/FIB-SEM/correlative light and EM)
Afternoon: Hands on sessions (Microscope time) followed by student presentations
eBIC/Diamond Light Source Ltd.
Harwell Science & Innovation Campus
Didcot OX11 0DE, UK
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem