[3dem] CCD camera issue again (still)

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Wed Mar 9 09:59:57 PST 2016

Hi,

    We are still fighting with the CCD camera issues I posted several weeks ago (an example image can be found at http://iubemcenter.indiana.edu/oddImageFromCameraOn1010.html) .  We have eliminated issues with the camera itself, with any of the cables connecting camera, controller, PC and power, with the firewire card and with the actual PC.  We have replaced the main power supply in the controller box.  This last action helped but did not completely fix the issues we are having.

    Gatan no longer deals with this model of camera, but before completely giving up, we are wondering whether anyone either has a similar working camera where we could send our controller box (to prove that the box is or is not the issue) or an unused controller box that we could test on our system here.

    We need a Gatan 794/20 controller box, and there were not many of these sold as far as we can tell.  We also know things like a 794 controller box (there's one available on Ebay) would _not_ work with our camera.

    If you can help, please contact me directly.  Thanks.

--
            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center