[3dem] Image processing from the gold grids

Xiaodi Yu xiaodiyu at scripps.edu
Fri Jun 10 08:55:56 PDT 2016

Thank you Chris for the paper, and Robert your explanation is pretty clear to me.

The grid we used is UltrAuFoil 1.2/1.3, The object Aperture is 100, defocus value is 2-4.

I think it should have less problem if people are handling high electron-dense complexes since naturally they don't need to put high defocus value. It is easy for them to align the particles once they can have enough contrast. For the protein I handled is elongated and in one direction is pretty thin. So We usually put more defocus to see the particles clearly. Now I feel that maybe the effect is oppsite for the gold grids.

I will pay attention the points we discuss here for the next Krios acquisition.

Thank you all.

Xiaodi