[3dem] Post-doctoral positions at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia

Bostjan Kobe b.kobe at uq.edu.au
Wed Jul 20 23:31:37 PDT 2016

Post-doctoral positions at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia

Applications are invited for two post-doctoral positions in the group of Bostjan Kobe at the School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences (SCMB), University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.

We are searching for two motivated candidates with expertise in cryo-electron microscopy, macromolecular crystallography and/or protein biochemistry, to work on proteins involved in innate immunity pathways in mammals and plants, respectively (the two positions are funded from two different sources).

University of Queensland is one of Australia's top universities. SCMB combines the disciplines of chemistry, biochemistry & molecular biology, microbiology and parasitology into a single academic unit. SCMB is situated in the beautiful St. Lucia campus on the Brisbane River.

We have state-of-the art structural facilities available on-campus for cryo-EM (including Gatan K2 Summit Direct Electron Detector), high-throughput crystallization (Mosquito robots, Rock Imagers), biophysical techniques (MALS, ITC, SPR etc), and regular access to the Australian Synchrotron.

Brisbane is one of Australia's most liveable cities and has a fantastic subtropical climate. It is only a short drive from Australia's best beaches and provides opportunities for all sorts of outdoors and cultural activities.

The salary will be according to qualifications and experience. The positions are for 2 years, with possible extension subject to funds. The starting date is flexible. The application deadline is 10 August 2016. Please see the links below for details of the positions and application procedures.

Plant innate immunity
http://jobs.uq.edu.au/caw/en/job/499271/postdoctoral-research-fellow

http://www.seek.com.au/job/31430833?pos=1&type=standard&engineConfig=&userqueryid=35295947602855315&tier=no_tier&whereid

Mammalian innate immunity