[3dem] Glow Discharging of commercial graphene grids

Henning Stahlberg henning.stahlberg at unibas.ch
Thu Jan 14 08:01:43 PST 2016

Hi Bob,

Glow-discharging doesn’t work on graphene. But other methods work, some of them even preserve the properties of pristine graphene, such as the very high (ballistic) electric conductivity and the extreme the stability of graphene. One of these is dipping into pyrene, as Radosav Pantelic described here:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4870531

Henning.

Henning Stahlberg, PhD
Prof. for Structural Biology, C-CINA, Biozentrum, University Basel
Mattenstrasse 26 | D-BSSE | WRO-1058 | CH-4058 Basel | Switzerland
http://c-cina.org | Tel. +41-61-387 32 62