[3dem] September 10 deadline!

Edward Egelman egelman at virginia.edu
Tue Sep 8 04:05:17 PDT 2015

This is a reminder that the deadline is in two days!!!!

Dear Colleagues,
     Now that the Cryo-EM Subgroup of the Biophysical Society is
official, it is time to start planning the first Symposium which we will
hold in conjunction with the Annual Meeting in Los Angeles (27 February
to 2 March, 2016). Like all subgroups, the Cryo-EM Subgroup Symposium
will be held the day before the Annual Meeting: from 7:00 to 9:00 pm on
Saturday, 27 February. We would like to have six talks, each 20 minutes
including 5 minutes for questions. Following the talks, we will have a
Business Meeting from 9:00 to 9:30 pm during which we will elect
officers of the subgroup and decide on the format for future meetings.
We want to guarantee a diverse group of speakers that includes students,
postdocs and faculty. Due to the rapid pace of progress in cryo-EM these
days, we thought that rather than inviting specific individuals, we
would solicit abstracts with a deadline of 10 September. The site for
abstract submission is:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G5LLS3N

     We will notify selected speakers by 16 September and they will be
offered complimentary registration for the full Annual Meeting. Those
who were not selected will be able to submit the same (or different)
abstracts through the official Biophysical Society website, which has a
1 October deadline. We plan to also organize one or more Cryo-EM
platform sessions during the Annual Meeting, the number of which will
simply depend upon the number of abstracts submitted for the 1 October
deadline.

Regards,
The ad hoc committee for the Cryo-EM Subgroup
Bridget Carragher
Yifan Cheng
Edward Egelman
Irina Serysheva