[3dem] FEI Ceta vs Gatan OneView

Eric Gilles Hanssen ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Nov 29 20:40:03 PST 2015

Dear all,

We are currently on the market for a new camera for our TF30. The battle is between the FEI Ceta and the Gatan OneView.
The main applications are tomo (plastic and cryo) as well as SPR. I have a favourite but I would like to know what the community thinks
Seeing that the price tag is pretty similar which one would you recommend and for what reason.

Before any says anything, we don't have the funds for a direct detector ...

Feel free to send me a private email if you do not want your view to be public.

Regards
Eric

Dr Eric Hanssen

Senior Research Fellow
Head - Melbourne Advanced Microscopy Facility - Bio21 Institute node
Adjunct Senior Fellow - Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute
30 Flemington Road - The University of Melbourne - Victoria 3010 - Australia
email: ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au> | Office: +61 3 83442449 | Microscope: +61 3 83442509 | Fax: +61 3 9347 8265
Web: www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au<http://www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au/>
[bannerACMM24_regoopen_foremail]<http://www.acmm2016.org/>