[3dem] 1. Re: [ccpem] MRC file format (Compressing cryo-EM data...)

Wilson, Amanda J amanda.wilson at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 13:20:52 PDT 2015

In my experience, compressed data can take longer to process (as it would need to be uncompressed, then processed, then recompressed). Therefore, I would tend towards a strategy of backing up data with non-lossy compression on external drives or servers, but processing uncompressed data as fast as possible then transferring the processed data elsewhere, to free up the space for more files to be processed. Does that make sense?
AJW

Sent from my Phone