[3dem] 2k Eagle CCD without TUI

Thorsten Mielke mielke at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Jun 3 00:20:04 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

we are about to swap cameras between microscopes due to the purchase of
a DED for our Polara. We currently have a 2k Eagle CCD camera (with USB
boards) on our T12 Spirit, which we would like to move to a CM100 to
replace its 1k camera. However, according to FEI, it is not possible to
operate an Eagle camera without TIA embedded in a Tecnai user interface,
which the CM100 does not have.

I have heard some rumors that under some circumstances, an Eagle CCD
could be used on CM microscope. Does anybody of you have a solution for
operating an Eagle CCD on a CM TEM?
Personally, I can't see the point, why it should not be possible to
record an image from a camera by just clicking something like an
"acquire" button in any software.

And if not .... anybody interested in purchasing a second-hand 2k Eagle
(originally purchased in 2006, electronic boards replaced recently)?

Best,

Thorsten

Dr. Thorsten Mielke
- Head Microscopy & Cryo Electron Microscopy Group -

Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Ihnestr. 63-73
D-14195 Berlin

Tel.: +49-(0)30 8413-1644
Fax: +49-(0)30 8413-1385