[3dem] Manual alignment of density maps

Michael Saur michael.saur at mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Wed Jul 29 13:33:44 PDT 2015

Hi Sergej,

for storing the new location and orientation of a map you could resample it in Chimera. I don’t know if it is the only option to do it (in Chimera), but if you move a first map and align it to a second map that has not been moved (as in moved separately from other models; if all models are active this doesn’t qualify as movement here) you can type

vop resample #[moved map] ongrid #[map that has not been moved] update true

into the Chimera command line

A new third map will open (copy of the first one) which will have a resampled coordinate system and will be at the same place as the second map when you re-open it. This way you don’t have to move the models every time you open them.

Cheers,

Michael

    Michael Saur, Dr. rer. nat.

    Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology
    Otto-Hahn-Straße 11
    Room B2.25
    44227 Dortmund

    Phone: +49 231 - 133 2312