[3dem] Vacancies at the newly established UK national centre for Electron Microscopy at Diamond

Helen Saibil h.saibil at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 14:20:09 PST 2015

Dear All,

The Wellcome Trust with the UK Medical Research and Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Councils have provided funding to establish a cutting edge National Centre for cryo-electron microscopy for the life sciences at the Diamond Synchrotron near Oxford.
We seek to build an outstanding team with in depth experience of running a 3D cryo EM facility, ideally with a good appreciation of the methods and application of single particle EM, tomography and image processing, as well as analysis and interpretation of EM maps. Part of the mission of the centre is training and outreach, nationally and internationally, to cell and structural biology communities, and cooperation with CCPEM, EMDB and possibly the local X-ray microscopy beam line.

We currently have the following vacancies, with an application deadline of March 15, 2015.

Senior Electron Microscopy Scientist
for full details see:
http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Careers/Vacancies/All/DIA0998_CH.html

Electron Microscopy Scientist
for full details see:
http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Careers/Vacancies/All/DIA1009_CH.html

Best wishes,
Helen Saibil, Kay Grunewald and David Stuart