[3dem] Gatan Turbo Pumping Station

Conway, James Frederick James.Conway at pitt.edu
Mon Apr 20 11:54:09 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I have a Gatan 655 Pumping Station, bought in 2005, that won't start, and Gatan have diagnosed the circuit board as the likely culprit. However, they have no replacement part, and apparently its different from the current model (although it looks the same from the outside):
  http://www.gatan.com/products/tem-specimen-holders/turbo-pumping-station
Since the need is urgent, and a new machine is more than a bake sale and the petty cash jar will cover, I am asking if anyone has one of these from ~2005 that may be broken (permanently) in another way (eg, turbopump) and from which we might scavenge the internal circuitry. The serial number of my machine is 05052301, to give a rough and uneducated idea of what may be compatible. Please contact me with any leads so that I can discuss a solution.

Thank you,

James Conway
James Conway, PhD.,
Associate Professor, Department of Structural Biology
Director, Molecular Biophysics and Structural Biology Graduate Program
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Biomedical Science Tower 3, Room 2047
3501 5th Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
U.S.A.