[3dem] Postdoc positions at ETH Zurich

Richmond Timothy J. richmond at mol.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 5 05:01:47 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I would like to hire two postdocs for 3 years in my lab at the ETH Zurich with funds from my ERC grant. The projects are focused on the structure of chromatin and interacting factors using primarily cryo-electron microscopy and single particle analysis, although crystallization can also be pursued. Our project on the ISW1a chromatin remodeling factor in complex with nucleosome substrates is particularly well developed (Yamada et al., Nature 472, 2011, and subsequent work).

We have an excellent electron microscopy facility at the ETH Zurich (ScopeM) which includes an FEI cryo+F20 with energy filter and a FEI Titan KRIOS with Falcon II detector. For X-ray crystallography, the Swiss Light Source is also nearby.

If you are interested in a postdoctoral position in my lab, please contact me by email and tell me why you are excited about chromatin research. Please attach your CV and your publications as pdf files.

Tim Richmond

ETH Zurich
Prof. Timothy J. Richmond
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics
Department of Biology
HPK F7
Otto-Stern-Weg 5
8093 Zurich