[3dem] postdoctoral position EMBL

Daniel PANNE panne at embl.fr
Mon Oct 27 13:42:52 PDT 2014

Job Description

The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest
ranked scientific research organizations in the world. The Headquarters
Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany) and the outstations are in
Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton (UK) and Monterotondo
(Italy).

EMBL is seeking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to join the group
of Daniel Panne at EMBL Grenoble. EMBL is a leading international
research organization with a collaborative atmosphere. We are seeking to
recruit an outstanding candidate with a strong interest in applying
structural biology approaches to important biological problems. We focus
on multi-protein complexes involved in epigenetic gene/chromatin
regulation and signaling in the innate immune system.

Qualifications and Experience

The successful applicant should hold a Ph.D. with a strong background
in biochemical or structural analysis of protein complexes. Although
experience in single particle cryo electron microscopy and/or xray
crystallography would be an advantage this is not essential for this
position. The laboratory has excellent access to state-of-the-art
equipment including the ESRF synchrotron and a Tecnai F20 Polara
equipped with K2 direct electron detector. We welcome applications from
candidates that are interested in working at the interface of cryoEM and
xray crystallography.

Motivation to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment
is fundamental to this position.

Application Instructions

Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs

Additional Information

EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive
conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research
organisation. Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can
be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.