[3dem] Opportunity to advertise your Situs-based publications

Willy R. Wriggers wriggers at biomachina.org
Mon Oct 27 00:03:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

Two months ago, I returned to an academic position to continue the
development of 3DEM-related software at Old Dominion University in Norfolk,
Virginia. My role at ODU is to help build a new biomedical engineering
program that takes advantage of the established computational and
engineering disciplines. (ODU has a long tradition in government and
industrial applications of 3D modeling and visualization, owing to the
nearby presence of NASA, Jefferson National Lab, and large military
installations on the Virginia coast.)

I am writing because I am seeking user testimonials for my Situs software
package, which is widely used for fitting structures to EM data. I have
joined forces with Professor Jing He, a computer scientist at ODU
(originally from Wah Chiu's laboratory) who is an expert in secondary
structure-based interpretation of EM maps. If you are willing to help us
with an imminent grant application, please send me by Saturday 11/1 the
following:

- a paragraph of text describing your use of Situs and list of any
publications you wish to advertise
- you can mention that you wish to support the NIH grant "Multi-Resolution
Fitting Tools for Electron Microscopy" (R01 GM062968)
- a PDF file (or Fax: 757-683-5344) with signature and your institutional
letterhead (if possible), addressed to

	Willy Wriggers, Ph.D.
	Frank Batten Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
	Old Dominion University
	238 Kaufman Hall
	Norfolk, Virginia 23529

Thank you. I realize it has been a few years since I have met many of you in
person, but I hope you share my enthusiasm about the new developments. If
you are still reading this, I want to draw your attention also to an opening
in my lab. For more information, see the Situs web site,
http://situs.biomachina.org.

Best wishes,
Willy Wriggers