[3dem] Biological TEM Standards

Jonathan Remis jonathan.remis at northwestern.edu
Wed Oct 15 11:14:16 PDT 2014

Thanks everyone for your input.

Although the idea of purifying hemoglobin from earthworm homogenate sounds like lots of fun I think I am going to stick with the suggestion to purchase some Hemocyanin.  Thanks for pointing out the GroEL is available commercially and so are samples such as the 20S proteasome but these seem to be more expensive. I will certainly keep them in mind if I need another sample.  Catalase sounds perfect for crystal and diffraction experiments but we are not as focused on that aspect of EM at the moment.

thanks for your help,
Jonathan

JONATHAN REMIS

CryoEM Facilities Manager