[3dem] Utilizing the Xeon Phi

Andreas Schenk andreas_schenk at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 12 14:03:19 PST 2014

Dear Dewight,

The Xeon Phis can be used for both shared-memory multiprocessing and
distributed-memory multiprocessing (through MPI) but in either case the
software will need to be recompiled to support the Xenon Phi processors.
The Texas Advanced Computing Center uses Xenon Phi cards in their
Stampede cluster. Their user guide for stampede (
https://portal.xsede.org/tacc-stampede ) has a description of the
different application scenarios for the Phi coprocessors as well as a
guide to the relevant software flags for compilation.

HTH,
Andreas

--

     Andreas Schenk, Ph.D.