[3dem] EMPIAR rising

Ardan Patwardhan ardan at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 01:04:00 PST 2014

Dear all

EMPIAR (Electron Microscopy Pilot Image ARchive; http://pdbe.org/empiar) is a public archive for raw image data (micrographs, particles, and tilt-series) related to EMDB entries. Important uses of EMPIAR data include validation and as test-data for methods development and teaching. EMPIAR now contains 15 datasets and we have recently updated the look and feel of the site  based on user feedback. The MRC/BBSRC funded project to develop EMPIAR into a fully featured resource started in October. This project involves developing a deposition system, alternative means of data transfer, visualisation and integration with EMDB resources.

More datasets would be very useful in building up the resource and I am thankful to anyone willing to contribute! Please feel free to contact me (ardan at ebi.ac.uk) if you need help or have any questions.

Many thanks and best wishes

Ardan

———
Ardan Patwardhan
Coordinator - cellular structure & PDBe production
Protein Data Bank in Europe (PDBe)
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
Tel: +44 1223 492649