[3dem] PostDoc in Electron Tomography in Parkinson’s Disease, in Basel, Switzerland.

Henning Stahlberg henning.stahlberg at unibas.ch
Sun Nov 9 07:03:35 PST 2014

Hi,

A PostDoctoral position and a PhD position are available in our group to study the impact of alpha-synuclein aggregation on the intracellular structure of neuronal cells in the context of Parkinson’s Disease. This project is part of a larger collaborative network, involving NMR, super-resolution light microscopy, and systems biology approaches, and we are also intensively collaborating with the pharmaceutical industry in this project. We have established neuronal cell cultures in the lab, and access to various samples, including human samples, recombinant materials, and various antibodies.

Methods in this project include electron tomography, 3D reconstruction, segmentation, and sub-volume averaging. Among other instruments, our lab is equipped with a Titan Krios with Quantum GIF / K2 Summit and a Polara with K2 Summit. We also have access to extensive IT resources.  We are looking for an expert to apply these methods to decipher the mechanisms of neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s Disease.

Our lab is part of the Biozentrum of the University of Basel in Switzerland, at the border towards Germany and France.

The positions are funded initially for 3 years, and might be extended. For further details, please contact me offline.

Henning Stahlberg

Center for Cellular Imaging and NanoAnalytics (C-CINA)
Biozentrum, University of Basel
Switzerland
Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch
http://c-cina.org