[3dem] Position for microscopist at Vironova

Sergej Masich Sergej.Masich at ki.se
Wed May 28 04:37:12 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

I was asked to post an announcement (Vironova AB is located in Stockholm):

Position
If you have experience in EM techniques and believe that this is a method whose applications you want to continue working with and learn more about, you might be the person we are looking for. You do not need to be an EM expert to fit this position since our experts will educate you, but we would like you to have used the method, for example in an undergraduate or graduate research project. As a Microscopist you will be part of a team performing analysis projects for Vironova’s clients. The work involves planning and design of projects, EM imaging of client samples, performing image analysis using Vironova’s proprietary software and compiling project reports. Experience in cryo-EM methodology is a plus.

Our services
Vironova’s services are mainly used for characterization of specimens such as viruses, liposomes and inorganic nanoparticles. Apart from TEM, which is the major visualization method used by Vironova, we also use Scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Depending on the characteristics of the specimen and the aim of the study, Vironova uses different sample preparation methods and TEM-techniques such as cryoTEM, negative stain (nsTEM), ultra thin sectioning of cells or tissues (utsTEM) and immunogold labeling of antigens (iTEM). Our clients are mainly found in the vaccine and drug delivery industry and are using our services in their research and quality control, since factors such as morphology, particle size, existence of specific surface proteins and the level of aggregation can be important to the safety and efficacy of e.g. drugs and vaccines.

Contact
If you are interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Josefina Nilsson, Head of Sales (josefina.nilsson at vironova.com<mailto:josefina.nilsson at vironova.com>) or
Charlotta Hjerpe, Chief Operating Officer (charlotta.hjerpe at vironova.com<mailto:charlotta.hjerpe at vironova.com>).

Dr. Sergej Masich
Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology