[3dem] postdoc positions available

John Briggs briggs at embl.de
Fri Jul 4 06:27:37 PDT 2014

Dear All,

I have postdoc positions available in my lab at EMBL in Heidelberg, Germany. The projects are to work on the structure and assembly of influenza virus by applying cryo-electron tomography and sub-tomogram averaging methods and/or correlative light and electron microscopy methods. The research will be funded by a three year grant from the DFG as part of a collaborative research centre on the integrative analysis of pathogen replication and spread, giving the opportunity for extensive interaction with other groups working on related and complimentary topics.

EMBL is an intergovernmental organization supported by 21 member states. It is a great place to work, with an exciting, international, dynamic, collaborative environment, with outstanding training opportunities through the onsite conference and training centre. We have a world-class electron microscopy facility including Titan Krios, Polara and Tecnai F30 microscopes, associated preparation equipment and large facilities for high-performance computing.
Further details on the Briggs group are available here: http://www.embl.de/research/units/scb/briggs/index.html

Further details on EMBL are available here: http://www.embl.de/aboutus/general_information/index.html

If you are interested, please contact me by email letting me know why you would like to join the lab for this project and attaching a CV.

best wishes,

John

john.briggs at embl.de
Tel. +49 6221 387 8482