[3dem] .raw file format conversion

Javier Vargas jvargas at cnb.csic.es
Tue Jul 1 05:15:53 PDT 2014

Dear Tofayel,

Indeed, and as Win indicates, the current FEI EPU version writes the frames
in a 16 bit MRC stack, and all our work with stacks has been with the
newest FEI EPU software, so we do not have anything special for older
formats.

(of course, for previous versions, you can certainly use the generic read
capability in XMIPP accessing directly the binary and the header, but you
need the datatype, size and offset )

http://xmipp.cnb.csic.es/twiki/bin/view/Xmipp/ImageFormats

I take the opportunity to indicate that in the current XMIPP development
version we already have a workflow for the Optical Flow correction of both
global and local BIM patterns, as we recently presented in Lake Tahoe and
Barcelona. It will appear in the general software release as soon as the
paper gets accepted (if you wish to use the new software before, please
contact me separately)

With best wishes.. Javier and Jose Maria