[3dem] Post-doctoral position in computational cryo-EM

Penczek, Pawel A Pawel.A.Penczek at uth.tmc.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:36:18 PST 2014

An NIH-funded post-doctoral position is available at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston UT to work on
computational aspects of high-resolution cryo-electron microscopy.  We are located in the Texas Medical Center and have
close ties with other leading academic institutions such as Baylor College of Medicine, Rice University, and The University of Houston.

We offer great environment for cryo-EM.  We have a Polara, recently equipped with K2 electron counting camera
and our computational needs are served by the Texas Advanced Computing Center (HPC resource with 22,656 cores).

Requirements:

*   PhD computational biology / physics / electrical engineering
*   Experience with image / signal processing techniques
*   Knowledge of C++ and Python

Candidates should contact Dr. Penczek and include a CV, statement of research interests, and contact information for three references.

—
Pawel A. Penczek, Ph.D.
Professor
Structural Biology Imaging Center, Director
The University of Texas
phone: 713-500-5416
fax: 713-500-0652
http://www.uth.tmc.edu/bmb/faculty/pawel-penczek.html