[3dem] Postdoctoral position at the Institute of Cancer Research, London

Ed Morris Edward.Morris at icr.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 10:00:03 PST 2014

Dear All

Could I draw your attention to a postdoctoral position in my lab at the Institute of Cancer Research, London listed below? Please pass on the information to any colleagues who might be interested in applying. Applications should be made online at  http://www.icr.ac.uk/jobsearch (reference number 1365086). I would be happy to respond to informal enquiries.

With best wishes

Ed

Dr Edward Morris
Division of Structural Biology
The Institute of Cancer Research
Chester Beatty Laboratories
237 Fulham Road
London SW7 6JB
United Kingdom

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEB2F1.99702890]

The Institute of Cancer Research
(University of London)

Division of Structural Biology

Post-doctoral Training Fellow: Cryo-electron microscopy and single particle analysis
(funded by Cancer Research UK)

Chelsea, London

We seek to appoint a Post-doctoral Training Fellow to Dr Edward Morris' team in the Division of Structural Biology. The post is funded by a 5 year programme grant from Cancer Research UK. The successful applicant will undertake structural analysis by high resolution cryo-electron microscopy and single particle analysis on protein complexes associated with the ubiquitin-proteasome system, in particular the 26S proteasome and the COP-9 signalosome. The goal is to establish an improved understanding of these molecular machines which are either established or potential targets for cancer drugs.

Applicants should possess a PhD (or equivalent) in biological sciences. Experience in and enthusiasm for structural biology is essential and experience in electron microscopy and single particle analysis would be highly advantageous.

Appointment will be on a Fixed Term Contract for 3 years in the first instance, with a starting salary in the range of £28,087 to £36,170 p.a. inclusive (based on previous post-doctoral experience).

To apply please submit your CV and covering letter (addressing where you meet the person specification and including the names and addresses of two referees) online at http://www.icr.ac.uk/jobsearch

Job Ref. No. 1365086

Closing date: 11 October 2013

The Division of Structural Biology at the Institute of Cancer Research has an outstanding research record in the structural biology of proteins and protein complexes relevant to cancer and cancer therapy with a particular emphasis on electron microscopy and protein crystallography. It is excellently equipped for cryo-electron microscopy (FEI TF20 and T12 microscopes, 4K CCD camera, Vitrobot), single particle analysis (hardware and software) X-ray crystallography and protein production and purification.

The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) is one of the world's most influential cancer research institutes. Our mission is to make the discoveries that defeat cancer. We have a long and distinguished history of research with a major impact on the outcome for cancer patients. Our unique partnership with The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust (RMH) makes us the largest comprehensive cancer centre in Europe, performing high quality original basic research and translational studies. Under the leadership of Chief Executive Professor Alan Ashworth FRS, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best minds in the world. The ICR was ranked as the UK's top academic research centre in the 2008 Higher Education Funding Council Research Assessment Exercise. Based on our publication record, citations and impact we rank among the world's leading cancer research centres.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.