[3dem] GPU-based Tomography software

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Fri Feb 21 08:54:17 PST 2014

EMAN2 will do alignments for subtomogram averaging using CUDA.  Technically it can also do 3-D reconstructions of aligned tilt series using CUDA as well, but the performance gain vs. time required make the second task somewhat pointless. For subtomogram alignments we use it regularly.

On Feb 21, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Xiaofeng Fu <xiaofeng at brandeis.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know any existing tomography software which has GPU implemented, except for tomo3d?
>
> Thanks,
> Xiaofeng

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Professor, Dept of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.         (www.bcm.edu/biochem)
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging        (ncmi.bcm.edu)
Co-Director CIBR Center                          (www.bcm.edu/research/cibr)
Baylor College of Medicine
sludtke at bcm.edu