[3dem] Postdoctoral positions at Monash University

Dominika Anna Elmlund dominika at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 19 07:59:41 PDT 2014

Dear Electron Microscopists:

We are starting a new electron microscopy/biochemistry laboratory at Monash University,
Melbourne, Australia (http://www.monash.edu.au/). Monash is a young university (founded 1958)
that has already made it to the top one per cent of the world's universities according to
the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.

Our laboratory focuses on two fundamental research directions: computational method development
for single-particle 3D reconstruction at near-atomic resolution and yeast transcription
initiation on TATA-less promoters.

We are seeking two highly motivated postdoctoral researchers.

The first position requires a Ph. D. in physical/engineering sciences and extensive experience
in theory/algorithm development or a Ph. D. in structural biology and extensive experience in
cryo-EM data acquisition and image processing.

The second position requires a Ph. D. in biochemical sciences with extensive experience in
biochemistry, and a desire to learn about biological cryo-EM.

To find out more about the positions and our research, please visit http://simple.stanford.edu/emjobs_monash.html
Interested candidates send their CV:s and contact info to emjob.monash at gmail.com.

Best,

Dominika Elmlund & Hans Elmlund

Dominika Elmlund, PhD
Associate Professor
Dept. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
School of Biomedical Sciences
Monash University
Bldg. 77, Clayton Vic,
Australia 3800