[3dem] "leopard skin" ice

Montserrat Samso/FS/VCU msamso at vcu.edu
Thu Nov 21 15:36:38 PST 2013

Hi,

We saw similar contamination and realized that translating the cryo-holder a "long" distance resulted in rapid contamination buildup. Then we checked the o-ring of the cryo-holder and realized that there was a little too much vacuum grease. Removing the excess vacuum grease solved the problem in the subsequent cryoEM sessions.

Hope this helps,

Montserrat

Montserrat Samso, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor