[3dem] Where to find info on REC-files in order to handle them in MATLAB?

Charlotte Hamngren Blomqvist charlotte.hamngren.blomqvist at chalmers.se
Wed Nov 6 03:12:47 PST 2013

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the *.rec file format (reconstructed files created using the FEI software Inspect3D):

Where can I find information about the file specifications for the REC files?
I try opening them in MATLAB similarly to what I do with the MRC-files as described here: http://www.2dx.unibas.ch/documentation/mrc-software/mrc-file-format-specifications , with the modifications for FEI-created files suggested here: http://www.2dx.unibas.ch/documentation/mrc-software/fei-extended-mrc-format-not-used-by-2dx (larger header to cut away). When doing this for the REC file, there are shifts in the different quadrants of the image, and I suspect that is due to cutting of the header incorrectly.

I am very grateful if someone has some information about this!

Best regards
Charlotte

_______________________
Charlotte Hamngren Blomqvist, PhD student
Filosofie magister i fysik / Msc in Physics

Teknisk fysik / Applied Physics
Eva Olsson group
Chalmers tekniska högskola / Chalmers University of Technology
SE-41296 Gothenburg, Sweden
Tel +46-(0)31 772 51 80
www.chalmers.se<http://www.chalmers.se/>
E-mail: charlotte.hamngren.blomqvist at chalmers.se<mailto:charlotte.hamngren at chalmers.se>

Visiting address: Fysikgränd 3, room F4417b