[3dem] pixel size of Falcon I and II

jamon jamonshi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 23:52:43 PST 2013

Dear Lister,

I am glad to see Niko's latest paper that contains the most
comprehensive comparison of commercial direct detectors. However I am
still confused with the real pixel size of Falcon I an II. In table I,
the pixel size of Falcon I and II are listed as 15um. But I was told
that pixel size of Falcon I and II are 14um. It is also listed as 14um
on Brandeis website. I am wondering it was a typo or not. It need to be
clarified to the community since the error will be 7% in term of Nyquist.

http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/KeckWeb/emdoc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/work-with-cameras-on-f20/index.html#AEN28

Quantitative characterization of electron detectors for transmission
electron microscopy
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1047847713002815>
Original Research Article
In Press, Accepted Manuscript, Available online 1 November 2013
Rachel S. Ruskin, Zhiheng Yu, Nikolaus Grigorieff

Best Regards,

Jian SHI
Cryo-Electron Microscopy Facility
National University of Singapore