[3dem] Job openings at NCMI

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Mon May 27 14:02:26 PDT 2013

The National Center for Macromolecular Imaging (NCMI) has multiple
openings for Postdocs interested in developing and/or applying
experimental and computational methodologies in cryo-EM single particle
analysis and tomography. The NCMI is a NIH supported Research Resource
Center (http://ncmi.bcm.edu) with literally dozens of collaborative
projects with internal and external investigators studying high-profile
biological projects, ranging from macromolecules, molecular machines, and
organelles to whole cells. We are equipped with four state of the art
electron microscopes including phase plate, direct detector, energy
filter and other technologies. We also have state of the art computation
capabilities with ~2000 CPUs of computation in five in-house linux clusters. The
NCMI is situated in the Baylor College of Medicine at the Texas Medical
Center, the largest medical center in the world, with 54 independent
academic institutions, research institutes and hospitals. The NCMI is
also associated with the Gulf Coast Consortia (http://www.gulfcoastconsortia.org/home.aspx)
with its six member academic institutions in the Houston Area with wide ranging
collaborative and training agreements. This provides a rich environment for junior
investigators with many opportunities for collaboration and development.
Interested individuals should provide a long-form CV and a brief letter of introduction.

Wah Chiu (wah at bcm.edu); Steven J. Ludtke (sludtke at bcm.edu), Michael F. Schmid (mschmid at bcm.edu).